Friday 26 April 2013

Harvest Moon

This is really one of the games that cheating will kill the joy of it. Now, don't start lecturing me. You know that everyone cheats at one point or another. Tell me of one person who has played the Sims for a long time and yet not cheat a single bit. Even the unlock alien skin codes and move objects cheats count. Even the unlock developer's stuff counts. (i.e. so that you can make your sim alien looking or with items that are usually not available)

HM is one game that will tempt you a lot, especially if you're the kind who has to do some research on the tips and tricks, stuff that can help you gain more gold easily and read through some of the walkthrough. I am one such person. I have to have a walkthrough when I play. Why? Simply because I am a somewhat perfectionist in gaming. I cannot stand to lose that single opportunity to do that rare thing or that one item that can only be gained early on or extremely late in the game.

Now, HM is a farming game mixed with a dating simulator and more. With so many aspects of it, the perfectionist in me demands that I do a perfect game, meaning doing everything at once. So, the Stop Time cheat is used. What a mistake it was. It made the one month spring unbearably long. In fact, I found that I just couldn't move past spring. What a wasted potential favourite game.

However, I am now starting a new game using no cheats whatsoever. The goal is to reach Year 5 or finish the dating quest line and be married with a baby. Hopefully I succeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment