Thursday 11 April 2013

Grinding

Grinding in gaming is an itch for me that has to be scratched from time to time.

It's tedious and yet fun. I mean, it's boring but the sense of achievement you get afterwards is great! However, I don't like all forms of grinding.

Conditions for me to enjoy grinding:
  1. Must be a game whose plot I like
  2. I must like the game play
  3. Alright graphics
  4. Non-tedious controls and camera angles
  5. Done without anyone around to nag me
Conditions 1 to 4. It is obvious.

Condition 5? To enjoy grinding, one must give their heart, soul, mind and time to it. People constantly interrupting me would totally ruin the mood.

Here's a list of games that I've enjoyed grinding on so far: 
  1. Pokemon (My first game I grinded on. Yellow : Pikachu was level 81 before Elite Four!)
  2. Final Fantasy (Believe it or not, they are great no matter which one...except for the online ones)
  3. Prototype
  4. Ragnarok Online (1, not 2! This is my first MMO and the one I get nostalgia for the most)
  5. Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
  6. Summon Night (GBA)
  7. Shining Force (Love this game! But I've only played the first one)
  8. Breath of Fire (GBA)
  9. Kingdom Hearts (Love it! But I've only played the PS2 ones)
  10. Fable The Lost Chapters (It's nice. The first RPG game on the PC I've played that's not from Japan)
  11. Recettear (It's Re-Se-Tear! Not Reckettear! Just follow the Japanese pronunciation!)
  12. Princess Maker 2 (It's weird since the game play is really just grinding-ish but I like it...)
Games I don't like grinding on:
  1. Chantelise (The game looks alright but it's tedious. My enthusiasm for it vanished after 2 hours...)
  2. Fortune Summoners (Lovely game but somehow I don't feel like touching it after non-stop gaming for a week)
  3. Any other MMO (...I've tried 3 others so far but my energy went missing after a few months)
  4. Flash games
  5. Harvest Moon games (Never made it past the first spring...Maybe I should try again?)

No comments:

Post a Comment