Tuesday 25 June 2013

Melbourne Trip : The Big Three

In a few months, I finally get to go to the nearest country with colder temperatures - Australia. To be specific, Melbourne. For this trip that will probably be one of the last trips I'll be going on as a teen and not yet a full adult, here's my big 3 to do's.

1.  Visit the State Library of Victoria
Since there are 7 exhibits, I shall split them all into two days' worth of entertainment. With all these 7 exhibits done, I hope to have a greater understanding of The Victorian era, its writers and several other cultures both modern and slightly more ancient.

2. The Old Melbourne Gaol
I have always love visiting these kind of places. With the ability to look on at some writers inside their cells when they write, hopefully I'll be stirred to write something too. For 25$ , it's alright. Don't think I'll be going there on Sunday for a chat with the writers though...anyways, prisons really are one of the best ways to know the essential thinking behind the men of that era.

3. Hellenic Museum visit
It's Greek. What else can I say? Greek just sums up how important the culture is and how most inventions, art and writing came from there. With this piece of knowledge, hopefully I'll be able to see the Greece that was so poorly portrayed in my history text books.


No comments:

Post a Comment