Tuesday 12 March 2013

On the subject of over-popular music

When I mention modern over-popular music, I mean music like 'Call Me Maybe', 'Gangnam Style' and those from Justin Bieber and One Direction. Before you start screaming in outrage, hear me out.

1. The music and beat of these songs are alright. They're catchy and really nice to listen to...but only once in a while.

2. The lyrics could do better but I've heard worse.

3. The videos accompanying these videos vary a lot in quality. I don't mean the camera angles and lighting. But the plot, the story, the meaning portrayed by the videos.

Now, all in all, these 3 points make a decent song which is okay to listen to but ONLY once in a while. Not every moment and occasion of the year.

Recall the songs I've mentioned and other similar songs. They are constantly sung or played at any and every event that will happen. The songs will be sung or played by someone for everyday. The fans go crazy over it. The hate and flame that gets thrown around makes me think of someone insulting the whole of the Whovian fandom and I mean the whole, meaning all the Doctors' fans. That's a lot. If you don't know, it's over 10 and currently 11 to my knowledge.

Really. These music will probably be hailed as the gold songs of our decade years later, replayed as often and as well-known as songs like ABBA's, Backstreet Boys' songs and Westlife's songs.This means that people will look back and think "Oh, that's a nice song.".

It's already going to be hailed as historical great hits of the decade. So why must you guys insist on bombarding everything I see, everything I hear with those music anywhere I go when that bombarding will occur in the next decade or so?

No comments:

Post a Comment